Fort Collins Audubon Society
Board of Directors Meeting
January 6, 2009
ATTENDEES: Heman Adams, Scott Cobble, Eric DeFonso, Ruth Grant, Ron
Harden, Lynne Hull, Joel Hurmence, Karl Krahnke, Jessie Meschievitz,
Bill Miller, John Waddell.
OTHERS PRESENT: Liz Pruessner Candidate for 2009 Board.
CALL TO ORDER: President Joel Hurmence called the meeting to order at
INTRODUCTIONS: Of prospective FCAS Board candidates / Q&A All:
Everyone introduced themselves to Liz and she introduced herself to the
MINUTES Review, revise, and approve All: No discussion.
REPORTS OF OFFICERS AND COMMITEES:
New for all: Please Bring Written Reports or Email Reports in Advance
REPORTS OF OFFICERS:
Treasurers Report Waddell:
1. Checking account balance is $8,373.
2. Total balance is $22,575.
REPORTS OF COMMITTEES:
A. Programs Meschievitz:
1. Jessie handed out a sheet of upcoming programs.
2. Lynne suggested having David Showalter do a program at the Loveland
Library. Jessie will ask him.
B. Membership Tupper:
1. Discontinuing inkjet recycling.
C. Finance Adams:
1. Heman passed around an article about fundraising.
D. Education Thomas
1. Will ask Joann how to staff Avian Appreciation Days.
E. Conservation Miller:
1. Pawnee Grasslands has a new ranger.
2. Audubon Colorado will reduce the number of Board meetings from four
to three. The meetings will be March 7, June 27, and October 21.
F. Field Trips DeFonso:
1. No discussion.
G. Newsletter Martin:
1. No discussion.
A. 2009 Budget are we ready to do this? All:
1. Tabled until February.
B. Update on TAPS assessment Hull:
1. A one hour comment and feedback is available if we want to apply for
C. Jan. 24th Bath Nursery Avian Appreciation Days FCAS booth All:
1. Discussed earlier.
D. Set Birdathon Date May 9? (IMBD) All:
1. Set for May 16th.
OTHER NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS (as time permits)
The meeting adjourned at 9:00 P.M.
Submitted by Scott Cobble