Fort Collins Audubon Society
January 14, 2010
SOCIAL PERIOD – 7:00 P.M.
BUSINESS MEETING – 7:25 P.M.:
BOARD ATTENDEES: Heman Adams, Pat Adams, Scott Cobble,
Eric DeFonso, Ruth Grant, Ron Harden, Lynne Hull, Joel Hurmence, Karl
Jessie Meschievitz, Bill Miller, Liz Pruessner, John Waddell.
A. President Karl Krahnke:
Indicated that several Board members had announcements, that the annual
elections would occur and that the Program meeting would begin after the
Business meeting concluded.
B. Liz Pruessner – Membership Chairperson:
Indicated to attendees that FCAS, as a cost saving effort, was
receive their Ptarmigan by email rather than by Postal mail.
C. Joann Thomas – Education Chairperson:
1. Joann stressed that people should be joining Fort Collins Audubon
2. River Watch will be a new education effort.
3. There are volunteer opportunities available. For instance at the
Nursery's Avian Appreciation Days
D. Eric DeFonso – Field Trip Coordinator:
1. Eric presented a brief summary of the Fort Collins and the Loveland
2. The Fort Collins CBC produced 87 species.
3. The Loveland CBC produced 94 species.
E. Ron Harden – Director-at-Large:
Ron indicated that people can purchase garments with the Ptarmigan logo
He presented some clothing containing the logo.
F. Bill Miller – Nominating Committee Member:
1. Bill announced that the September 2010 through May 2011 FCAS Program
meetings and the annual December Potluck Dinner will be held at the Fort
Collins Senior Center.
2. Bill discussed the Birdathon then passed around a participation/pledge
sign- up sheet.
3. Bill announced the slate of candidates (listed in the January 2010
Pres. Karl Krahnke Heman Adams
Vice-Pres Bill Miller Eric DeFonso
President-elect Bill Miller Ruth
Secretary Scott Cobble Ron Harden
Treasurer John Waddell Louise Parker
Conservation Bill Miller Publications
Education Joann Thomas Hospitality
Field Trips Eric DeFonso Birdathon
Public Relations Pat Hayward AC
Delegate Bill Miller
Finance Heman Adams Scholarships Lisa
Membership Liz Pruessner Web Site
Programs Jessie Meschievitz Vol.
Coordinator Ashley Waddell
Email List Serv Kaye Holman
He then asked for nominees from the audience. There were no nominees.
then moved to accept the slate of candidates by acclimation. The motion
unanimously approved by the FCAS members in attendance.
G. Jessie Meschievitz – Membership Chairperson:
1. Jessie announced that the February 11, 2010 Program meeting would be
annual joint meeting with the Northern Colorado Native Plant Society
Whitney Cranshaw and Douglas Kibbe. Jessie also announced a few other
2. Jessie indicated that FCAS was adopting a Takhi foal and was also
the Hustai National Park. Jessie pointed out there was material
available in the
meeting room if audience members also wanted to donate to the Park
3. Jessie introduced Rick Harness.
PROGRAM MEETING – 7:55 P.M.:
Rick Harness presented his program, Wild Horses and Raptors of the
Steppe. An announcement of the program can be found in the January 2010
ANNUAL MEETING ADJOURN – 9:05 P.M.
NOTE: Jessie Meschievitz indicated 120 people attended the Annual
Heman Adams indicated 50 of those were FCAS members.
Submitted by Scott Cobble