Fort Collins Audubon Society Volunteer Opportunities
The broad range of Fort Collins Audubon programs you read about on this website are made possible by volunteer support. A wide variety of opportunities are available; whatever your interests, skills or talents, there's something for you!
Volunteer opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- Clean Up Natural Areas: The Fort Collins Audubon Society participates in the City of Fort Collins' Adopt a Natural Area Program. We have adopted the Fossil Creek Wetland, and teams of volunteers visit regularly to pick up litter, plant native species, remove weeds, and perform other enhancements to ensure the wetland remains beautiful, viable habitat for birds and other wildlife. Visit our cleanup page to see how much fun our work there can be!
- Audubon Ambassadors: Part of what makes Fort Collins a great place to live is the variety of annual community events, from New West Fest to the Wild and Scenic Environmental Film Festival to the Northern Colorado Birding Fair. Fort Collins Audubon reaches out to the community at events like these, but we need Audubon Ambassadors like you to staff our table, share information about birds and inform the public about Audubon activities.
- Letter Writing and Advocacy: Political decisions can have a huge effect on birds and other wildlife! Speak up on their behalf by writing your elected officials and letting them know what is important to you. Stay informed by signing up for periodic Audubon legislative alerts.
- Field Trips: Would you like to lead a field trip and share what you know about a natural area or its flora and fauna? We welcome you to share your knowledge with others! Visit our field trip page for details.
- Birdathon: Enjoy watching birds? Join a Birdathon team and help raise funds for the Fort Collins Audubon Society.
- Donate to Fort Collins Audubon: Your tax-deductible donation supports Audubon activities, publications, special projects and contributions to conservation efforts, as well as the Fort Collins Audubon Scholarship Fund.
Share your skills and talents: Do you have ideas about how to make Fort Collins Audubon an even more fun and effective group? Share your ideas, skills and talents with us. We welcome your participation!