Fort Collins Audubon Society
Board of Directors Meeting
April 3, 2008
ATTENDEES: Heman Adams, Scott Cobble, Eric DeFonso, Ruth Grant, Ron
Harden, Lynne Hull, Joel Hurmence, Diann Johnston, Karl Krahnke, Joe
Martin, Jessie Meschievitz, Bill Miller, Joann Thomas, Shelagh Tupper,
OTHERS PRESENT: None.
CALL TO ORDER: President Karl Krahnke called the meeting to order at
MINUTES Review, revise, and approve All:
There were no minutes to approve.
REPORTS OF OFFICERS AND COMMITEES:
New for all: Please Bring Written Reports or Email Reports in Advance
REPORTS OF OFFICERS:
Treasurers Report Waddell:
1. Need to do an audit prior to May 1st. Heman and Shelagh volunteered.
2. Lynne indicated FCAS is not registered as a nonprofit with Fort
consequently is not getting a break on city taxes.
REPORTS OF COMMITTEES:
A. Programs Meschievitz:
1. April 10th, we have the Columbine Rm. for the program meeting. Bruce
will sign the books that FCAS purchased and intends to sell.
2. Mark Easter will speak.
3. Jessie indicated the Ludlow room will not exist after the fall due to
B. Membership Tupper:
1. 798 members.
2. 98 FCAS only members.
3. 657 National members.
4. 24 new members from NAS.
C. Finance Adams:
1. Set up an internal audit.
D. Education Thomas:
1. The Feb. and March 2nd Saturday Nature Walk with Bob Babbs discussing
birds and Mary Jean Currier discussing mammals respectfully were well
2. On April 12th, FCAS will host a booth at Putnam Science Carnival.
E. Conservation Miller:
1. Presented the position FCAS will take regarding Glade to AoC.
F. Field Trips DeFonso:
1. No discussion.
G. Newsletter Martin:
1. Joel sees no need for a July newsletter so get everything into the
H. Birdathon Adams:
1. Bill wondered if we should us a portion of Birdathon to help fund
2. Further discussion of how we will support Safe the Poudre was tabled.
3. Will use the top team to determine the number of birds.
A. Raise mileage reimbursement rate for speakers? Waddell:
1. Bill move to raise the rate to 48.7 cents per mile. John seconded.
B. What price to ask for Bruce Barcott books at the April program
C. Letter to FCAS from David Leatherman Grant:
1. David sent FCAS a letter stating how much he enjoyed giving the
D. Need to identify additional qualifying camps/courses for FCAS
1. An appeal to come up with ideas.
A. FCAS offering of Master Birding Classes and Issuing Certificates
1. Discussed earlier.
B. Support of Brinks and other landowners re. Greeley pipeline All:
C. response to online/telephone survey of membership
1. Shelagh handed out a printout of the results. 115 responses, 79 from
1. Bill will let them know that we are a sponsor of the global warming
The meeting adjourned at 9:00 P.M.